SPRING IS HERE, AND THAT MEANS IT’S TIME TO PREPARE YOUR HVAC SYSTEM FOR THE SEASONAL TRANSITION.
Your HVAC system works hard all summer and then remains dormant for several months during the winter. In order to prepare for the warmer months ahead, your cooling system is due for some maintenance. We have listed some tips below on how to prepare your system on your own, as well as some steps that need to be performed by a trained technician.
DO IT YOURSELF – HVAC SPRING MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
Here are 3 easy-to-do steps you can take to prepare your HVAC system.
- First things first, check the HVAC or heat pump air filter. When you replace your air filter regularly, you will increase indoor air quality and make your home more energy efficient. Your filter should be replaced according to need and use, which works out to 30-90 days for most homes. Try to make it a habit to inspect the air filter every month. If you haven’t looked at it all year, it’s definitely time for a new air filter.
- Remove drapes, rugs and furniture from vents and registers.
- If you cover your HVAC’s outside unit for the winter, uncover it now. Then clean up any leaves, weeds, or sticks that may be have accumulated on it. To prevent any issues, you want to keep at least a 2-foot clearance around your entire unit.
CALL A PROFESSIONAL – YEARLY HVAC SERVICE
These steps should be performed by a trained technician every spring to keep your HVAC system in good working order.
- Clean the indoor and outdoor coils of your HVAC or heat pump
- Check and adjust airflow
- Check refrigerant level, inspect for a possible leak
- Lubricate necessary parts
Kramer and Co. Mechanical can help with all your spring maintenance needs.
For questions or to schedule your seasonal HVAC checkup, call (479)855-6161 today!
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT